Who is it for?
want to analyze their data using the statistical program package R All members of the university,
and especially students of the Goethe Graduate Academy, are welcome.
What will you learn?
- How to import your data into R
- How to compute basic descriptive statistics
- How to present your data graphically (histograms, boxplots, scatter plots)
- How to perform basic tests of significance
- How to perform elementary simulations
How does it work ?
For each section of the course you get a data set and an R script.
You follow on your laptop while the instructor runs the program,
explains the output, and works through the script line by line
explaining the commands. An assistant is there to help if you have any
difficulty getting the script to run.
What do you need to participate ?
- Registration with the Goethe Graduate Academy
- A (very) basic knowledge of statistics (for instance from the
Short Course Statistics)
- A laptop with power supply (you can share with a partner).
Impressum | Datenschutzerklärung