Prof. Dr. Thorsten Theobald
FB 12 - Institut für Mathematik
D-60325 Frankfurt am Main
Phone: +49-69-798-28188 (-22526 secretary, Anja Zierau)
E-mail: theobald AT math.uni-frankfurt.de
Office hour/Sprechstd.: Nach Lehrveranstaltungen oder n.V.
- Geometry (discrete, computational, real algebraic, tropical)
- Discrete and computer-oriented mathematics
- Polynomial equations
- Algorithms and complexity
Events and interesting information:
- The SIAM Journal on Applied Algebra and Geometry (SIAGA) has started to accept submissions - the goal of this new journal is to attract the very best papers in this broad area. I am one of the associate editors.
- Symposium Discrete Mathematics 2016, FU Berlin, July 15-16, 2016
- A Darmstadt-Frankfurt Afternoon on Optimization, at TU Darmstadt, June 10, 2016
- DMV/GAMM Joint Annual Meeting 2016, Section S26: Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science, Braunschweig, March 7-11, 2016
- SIAM Conference on Algebraic Geometry, Daejeon, Korea, August 3-7, 2015.
- Conference MEGA 2015, Trento, June 15-19, 2015.
- During May 9-10, 2014, I co-organized the Symposium Discrete Mathematics 2014 in Frankfurt.
- During June 3-7, 2013, I chaired the organisation of the conference MEGA 2013: Effective Methods in Algebraic Geometry in Frankfurt.
With M. Joswig: Polyhedral and Algebraic Methods in Computational Geometry, Springer, Universitext, 2013 (Revised translation of the German version).
Book edited (with I. Emiris, F. Sottile): Nonlinear Computational Geometry, IMA Volume, Springer, 2009.
With S. Iliman: Einführung in die computerorientierte Mathematik mit Sage. (In German). Springer Spektrum, 2016. Homepage of the book.
Ph.D. students and postdocs:
Some professional activities:
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Discrete Mathematics Section of the DMV (Deutsche Mathematiker-Vereinigung)
- Member of the Advisory Board of MEGA (Effective Methods in Algebraic Geometry) conference series
- Editorial board member of Beiträge zur Algebra und Geometrie/Contributions to Algebra and Geometry