Prof. Dr. Thorsten Theobald
FB 12 - Institut für Mathematik
D-60325 Frankfurt am Main
E-mail: theobald AT math.uni-frankfurt.de
Office hour/Sprechstd.: Nach Lehrveranstaltungen oder n.V.
- Geometry (discrete, computational, real algebraic, tropical)
- Discrete and computer-oriented mathematics
- Polynomial equations
- Algorithms and complexity
Events and interesting information:
- The SIAM Journal on Applied Algebra and Geometry (SIAGA) has started to accept submissions - I am one of the associate editors.
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, Atlanta, July 31 - August 4, 2017
- Foundations of Computational Mathematics, Barcelona, July 10-19, 2017
- MEGA 2017, Nice, June 12-16, 2017
- Dagstuhl seminar Algorithms and Effectivity in Tropical Mathematics and Beyond, November 27 - December 2, 2016
- During May 9-10, 2014, I co-organized the Symposium Discrete Mathematics 2014 in Frankfurt.
- During June 3-7, 2013, I chaired the organisation of the conference MEGA 2013: Effective Methods in Algebraic Geometry in Frankfurt.
With M. Joswig: Polyhedral and Algebraic Methods in Computational Geometry, Springer, Universitext, 2013 (Revised translation of the German version).
Book edited (with I. Emiris, F. Sottile): Nonlinear Computational Geometry, IMA Volume, Springer, 2009.
With S. Iliman: Einführung in die computerorientierte Mathematik mit Sage. (In German). Springer Spektrum, 2016. Homepage of the book (including Sage code examples).
Ph.D. students and postdocs:
Some professional activities:
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Discrete Mathematics Section of the DMV (Deutsche Mathematiker-Vereinigung)
- Member of the Advisory Board of MEGA (Effective Methods in Algebraic Geometry) conference series
- Editorial board member of Beiträge zur Algebra und Geometrie/Contributions to Algebra and Geometry